State and local governments face the complex task of keeping up with the latest organizational best practices to ensure the quality of their operations.
Requirements continuously evolve due to the rapidly changing political and economic landscape. In addition, public sector trends such as the focus on independence of service providers
— already adopted by the private sector under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act)
— show the far-reaching impact of this direction.
Only by keeping up with these trends can you manage your entity's exposure to potential penalties, regulatory action or even loss of funding. Your taxpayers, service users and other stakeholders rely on effective management of resources to meet the rigorous requirements set by oversight bodies and internal audit organizations of many state and local governments.
The right firm for government is one that has made a long-term commitment to understanding and appreciating your unique environment. Such a firm can assist you with managing risk on many levels.
- Financial Statement
- Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book)
- OMB Circular A-133
- Other Audits (i.e., Economy & Efficiency, Program and Performance)
IT Risk Mitigation
- Full-scope IT general controls audits and assessments
- Business process-oriented IT audits and reviews
- Systems development life cycle (SDLC) reviews
- Specialized IT audits and reviews for public and private industry, including the following:
- ISO 17799
For more information about these services, click here.
MANAGEMENT CONSULTING SERVICES
- Internal Audit
- Analysis of financial performance
- Cost allocation studies
- Budget and cash flow projections
- Receivable and cash management
- Prepare Forecasts and projections
- Operational analysis
- Shared services design, implementation and improvement
- Outsourcing analysis, selection and transition services
- Project management (PMOs) for major operational and systems implementations, including quality controls and assurance
- Financial Planning
- Due diligence
- Compensation studies
- Incentive plans